If you haven’t already enrolled in your Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you are going to want to at your next opportunity. When your employer sponsors a Section 125-Cafeteria Plan, you will be able to fund your account tax-free, saving you money throughout your journey. You are going to pay for this stuff out-of-pocket anyways. So, you might as well get the best bang for your buck. Besides, there is no shortage of eligible expenses for the mom-to-be.
- Pregnancy Tests
- Fertility treatments
- Ultrasounds and blood work.
- Acupuncture and Chiropractic services
- Over-the-Counter medications – as prescribed by physician (Gas-X, hemorrhoid cream, indigestion or antacid relievers or prenatal vitamins)
- Flu shots
- Lamaze or other birthing classes
- Hospital deductibles or coinsurance
- Lactation expenses and supplies
For a complete listing of IRS eligible medical and dental expenses, visit http://1.usa.gov/SU4B7T